This will be a 12-months contract position.
- The Candidate will be responsible to ensure all the applications systems remain in good working order.
- The Candidate is expected to take on support of new application systems when they become operational.
- The Candidate shall respond to production emergencies in a timely manner based on Service Levels. This includes bringing up the server (in a crash) or system processes, fixing problems or finding workarounds.
- The Candidate is expected to diligently perform routine checks and to escalate to the Project Manager should any anomaly be detected. The Candidate should show the initiative to alert and troubleshoot together with other system engineers, database administrator (DBA) and outsourced vendors.
- The Candidate shall be committed to meet the Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines.
- The Candidate shall follow through every issue / problem to closure, and complete the necessary documentation.
- The Candidate shall assist users and answer queries regarding the supported operational systems.
- The Candidate is expected to interface with the helpdesk agents, end-users and external
- vendors during application support and problem resolution.
- The Candidate may be expected to be on standby support on weekends / public holidays. In the event of scheduled downtime or during a crash, the Candidate is required to be in office during off-office-hours to support the systems.
- Besides application support, the Candidate is also expected to make some code changes/enhancements that arise from service requests. The Candidate shall follow the technical standards and update the necessary documentation.
- The candidate shall report to the Project Manager in tracking and managing the project timelines and resources that he/she has been assigned to undertake.
- The Candidate must be prepared to understudy and undertake the development of new
- applications and maintenance of any existing systems in as assigned by the Project Manager.
- The Candidate shall possess at least a Bachelor Degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- The Candidate shall have at least FOUR (4) years of working experience in the IT or Infocomm industry, with exposure to end-to-end software development lifecycle (SDLC), system analysis and design, application development, and operational support and maintenance.
- The Candidate shall have strong knowledge of web technologies. The Candidate shall have at least THREE (3) years web application development experience in Microsoft .Net platform using ASP.Net and C# .Net and should have developed websites using .NET Framework 4.5 and above.
- The Candidate shall have at least THREE (3) years of relevant experience in SQL server (MS SQL 2008 and above). The Candidate shall be able to write, optimize and execute complex SQL statements and perform database management.
- The Candidate shall have working experience with library system.
- The Candidate shall have at least TWO (2) years of experience and be proficient in:
- Requirements and impact analysis, including evaluating and recommending feasible technical implementations etc;
- IT operational support, including incident management, defect tracking, source code version control, release management, deployment to Production etc; and
- Project management support, including maintaining issue log and change control records, documenting operational procedures/guides, coordinating with users etc.
- The Candidate is to preferably have at least TWO (2) years of experience in maintaining and supporting Qlik View and/or Qlik Sense.
- The Candidate is to preferably have at least TWO (2) years of experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Servers and PowerShell scripting to automate system tasks, such as batch processing.
- The Candidate shall have a good command of English and effective communications skills to be able to interface with project teams, end-users to gather user requirements, communicate the proposed solution, conduct user acceptance testing, end-user training, and trouble resolution with helpdesk agents and external vendors.
- The Candidate is to preferably have a minimum of TWO (2) years working experience in Singapore.